WHY STAGE A VACANT HOME
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) profile of Home Staging indicated that 53% of seller’s agains say that staging a home decreases the amount of time a home spends on the market.
- 47% of buyers’ agents cited that home staging had an effect on most buyers’ view of the home.
- 82% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- Staging the living room was found to be very important for buyers (46%), followed by staging the master bedroom (43%), and staging the kitchen (35%).
- The average staging investment of 1.3% resulted in a 7.1% over-list return on investment.
- 23% of buyer’s agents said that staging a home increased the dollar value offered between one and five percent, compared to other similar homes on the market that are not staged.
- When staging a home, 23% of sellers’ agents reported an increase of 1-5% increase of the dollar value offered by buyers, in comparison to similar homes.
- In a 2021 survey of 4,600 properties, homes that were staged sold approx. 9 days faster than the average DOM.
- Home staging helps buyers visualize, homes sell faster.